Should you choose a New or Reconditioned / Used Stairlift?
There are several points you should consider when deciding whether to purchase a new stairlift or a reconditioned / used stairlift. Below are a few factors that could help you make up your mind:
Advantages of a New Stairlift
- Manufacturer warranty provided with each stairlift
- Parts readily available, as the stairlift is still current
- After-care - ie, support provided by the stairlift vendor
- New stairlifts can be built to specification, adapting to the users specific needs
Disadvantages of a New Stairlift
- More expensive than used stairlifts - often substantially
- A curved stairlift could take 3-10 weeks depending on the level of customization required
- Curved lifts tend to require more service over time due to their complexity
Advantages of Reconditioned / Used Stairlifts
Disadvantages of Reconditioned / Used Stair lifts
At Long Island StairRider, we resell only the most reliable brands, making it less likely you will encounter problems. Spare parts may be harder to come by if the model is no longer made - local dealers may be unable to support the stairlift long-term for this reason.
A used lift will require a match with your specific needs
- side of the stairs
- length of track
- users physical size and capabilities
For more information on any of these features, or for a free no obligation quote - Contact us. We offer advice on the best type of stairlift for your particular situation.